Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014
What? There is seriously only two days left of 2013? What happened to the other 363? We have a thief in our midst. Nothing seems to stop that clock a-ticking.
Okay, so let’s assume those 363 days weren’t spent sleeping like a cursed princess. What have I done all year?! I always ask myself this at this time and I always like to think I accomplished something. Anything, really.
So what did I do this year? Here are my writing accomplishments:
- Wrote 8 full-length novels.
- Wrote 20 novellas/novelettes.
- Released 6 full-length novels.
- Released 12 novellas/novelettes.
- Was involved in 5 collaborations.
- Sold 80,000 books.
- Wrote 810,000 words.
Okay, so I think I accomplished something this year. Although, these things are also on my list:
- Obsessed over The Vampire Diaries too much.
- Lost a week of my life reading Veronica Roth’s Divergent series incessantly.
- Watched reruns of Castle over and over again until I could recite each episode word for word.
- Lost about three weeks of the year playing Candy Crush (about one week of that trying to get past level 165 alone).
- Ate too much chocolate.
I guess life is all about balance.
Happy New Year everyone, let’s hope that 2014 is the best year yet and we finally find that elusive peace on earth and goodwill to all.